Wednesday, July 21, 2010

summertime means...

I love summer, not as much as late spring, but it is as close as it gets. There are so many exciting things that come along with the "summer package." Things that bring smiles, tans, sweat, road trips, and most of all dying brain cells from lack of use. This summer has come to me after a two year dry-spell. Studying year-round had left me in a desert of fun. I'm not saying that my "Endless Summer of '09" wasn't enjoyable; it just lacked some of the typical elements of summer and included an unusual element: studying and tests. That being said, this year opened the flood gates and allowed summer activities to come pouring back into my day-to-day. Here is what my binge summer-ing has included:

Puerto Rico

Nursing
*spending time with mom after her surgery

Nanny-ing

Dinosaur Day

The desire to accomplish still unfinished tasks
*painting and blogging

Nerves about an upcoming year of teaching

Costa Rica

Sun bleached hair

Lake Pineview

Replaced a car

Skydiving

Fantastic toes

And yet to come: St. George, Classroom set-up, and Washington DC

2 comments: